Wednesday, February 6, 2008

super tuesday

I had a nice day yesterday. The kids were buzzing about Clinton vs. Obama so I staged mock elections for them at the beginning of class. (otherwise they had a short easy ditto to do) 3 classes voted for Clinton and 2 for Obama. Only one class had "republicans" and they chose McCain. I also had them vote on the issues, in order of preference they were Iraq, Immigration, Economy, Environment.

These kids are starting to know me well. It makes me happy that they are sometimes excited to see me, exclaiming things like, "Yes! It's Mr. Hand! He's cool! [he lets us fool around and do whatever we want]" Perhaps this is a sign that I should be a more harsh disciplinarian, but my popularity at least means that I'm getting to have some interesting conversations with the few kids who show some interest in me--even some of the otherwise unengaged ones.

Today due to testing I had very small classes and get to play online (just no sites dealing with games or social networking). I love these kinda days.

No comments: